In the United Kingdom, a High Court judge’s verdict has forced Apple to post notifications on their web site as well as ads in various newspapers and magazines such as The Financial Times, The Daily Mail, Guardian Mobile magazine and other publications for a minimum of six months. The ads must demonstrate that Samsung did not copy the Apple iPad design. The judgment comes in the aftermath of Apple’s stab at hindering sales of Samsung’s Galaxy Tabs by seeking court orders all over the globe including Germany and the Netherlands. These efforts included sending a letter of admonishement (as shown below) to a slew of retailers and carriers selling the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and the Galaxy Nexus smartphone.

While a US court issued temporary injunctions against both the Tab and the Nexus, the one against the Nexus was lifted, and sales of the device resumed last month. Here’s a peek at the new device which features Android 4.1 Jelly Bean:

There have been some severe reactions to Apple’s bullying behavior; many people have even considered boycotting Apple for their tactics of intimidation.

Jude Colin Birss published a judgment on July 9th of this year, however the current order did not occur in it – rather the final order was determined in court only recently, after the verdict was made that Samsung is not guilty of copying the Apple iPad’s design. Birss decreed that Apple’s new advertisements must refer to the court case with the intention of “[correcting] the damaging impression” that Samsung’s tablets have suffered as a result of the accusation that they parroted the popular iPad.

In regards to his decision that Samsung’s products are unique, Judge Birss said: “[The Samsung Tab tablets] are not as cool. The overall impression is different…They do not have the same understated and extreme simplicity which is possessed by the Apple Design. ” Birss also stated that Samsung’s devices differed from Apple’s because they were thinner and featured “unusual details” on the back. It should be noted also that Birss denied Samsung’s appeal to the judge for an order in which Apple would be forced to restate its claim that its design rights had been violated. In response to Samsung’s request, the judge reported that Apple had the right to have the opinion that his judgment was incorrect.

Samsung stated recently, “Should Apple continue to make excessive legal claims based on such generic designs innovation in the industry could be harmed and consumer choice unduly limited.”

Apple refused to comment on the ruling specifically, however the company’s spokesman Alan Hely stated via email, “It’s no coincidence that Samsung’s latest products look a lot like the iPhone and iPad. This kind of blatant copying is wrong and, as we’ve said many times before, we need to protect Apple’s intellectual property.”

The war between Apple and Samsung has been going on since before Steve Jobs passed away. In fact, before his death, the Apple co-founder made a few statements to the writer of his biography regarding his company’s intellectual property. Jobs mentioned that he was willing to go “thermonuclear” and “destroy Android, Google’s operating system.” Samsung attempted to introduce these statements into court proceedings claiming that they “[speak] to Apple’s bias, improper motives and lack of belief in its own claim that [it is] a means to an end, namely the destruction of Android.” However, at a hearing in San Jose, California, District Judge Lucy Koh denied the request, stating, “I really don’t think this is a trial about Steve Jobs.”

The next round in the match between Apple and Samsung will occur at the trial scheduled for July 30, 2012.

Stay tuned to Consumer Priority Service for updates on the tech battle – and rely on us to provide you with the best warranties for Apple and Samsung products – as well as all of your other electronics and accessories.